There are many different reasons people have for opening up a safe deposit box. Some people will use it for the temporary storage of valuables when going away or moving house, others prefer to keep the valuable and important items in secure storage away from the home. However, the use of your deposit box is entirely up to you. In this article, we will detail some of the common uses for safe deposit boxes and the benefits of owning one.
What to store in your safe deposit box
- Important documents: such as passports, birth certificates, deeds and your Last Will and Testament. These are essential to keep safe as identification documents, such as passports and birth certificates could be used as identify fraud if someone were to get their hands on them. Keeping deeds to your home or car in a secure location will ensure you don’t lose or misplace them and always have access when it is required. By keeping your will inside a safe deposit box, not only allows for its protection but also would allow for family members to access it if you were to pass away.
- Valuables: expensive jewellery and watches that aren’t frequently worn can be kept locked inside a deposit box to ensure their protection against loss, theft or even damage.
- Spare keys: any spare house or car keys can be kept safely in a safe deposit box. Leaving them lying around your home could result in them being stolen if an intruder entered your home. If the keys were stolen from inside your home, this would allow the intruders to re-gain access to your home or steal your car. Otherwise, if your keys were stolen, you would have to replace all the locks which can end up being a lot pricier than renting a deposit box.
- Cash: if you have cash at home that you do not wish to deposit into a bank but also don’t want to risk leaving it in un-secure locations at home, store it in a safe deposit box.
- Sentimental items: regardless of their monetary value, items that hold sentiment to you or your family cannot be replaced. Keeping such items at home or even on your person can be risky as there is always the chance they will be lost or stolen. This risk is completely eliminated when storing them inside a safe deposit box.
Those are just a few of the common items that people choose to store inside safe deposit boxes. If you have items such as these that you wish to protect and feel as though you don’t require a full home safe, a safe deposit box is a perfect solution. Our boxes start from as little as 44p per day on a 3-month contract, so not only is it convenient protection, it also won’t break the bank!
We offer a range of contract lengths and have various sizes available so that you can store as much or as little as you want. We also provide the opportunity to use us as your virtual business address. Find out more about the products and services that we offer, contact us or call on 0161 273 7487.
The Safe Deposit Centre Manchester is also proud to work in partnership with the independent insurance broker, My Security Box.
My Security Box specialises in providing insurance for safe deposit centre’s and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).